There are a lot of web design firms and marketing companies out there who would like to convince you that having your business website designed from a template – or worse yet, just filling in blanks on a piece of automated website software – is just as good as building one from scratch.
That sounds nice when you want to save money, but it doesn’t really match up with common sense.
A custom business web design, one designed to emphasize your company’s strengths and turn visitors into buyers – can be an almost invaluable tool in today’s economy. Not only is it your most important salesperson, customer service agent, and PR representative, but it’s also a prominent branding piece.
With that in mind, here are five reasons you need a custom website design for your business:
1. Your company has a unique position in the market. Since your business is one of a kind, your business website needs to be, too. Otherwise, you’re wasting some of your competitive advantages and branding efforts by squeezing your message into a template that looks just like everyone else’s. In this day and age, your website is the most visible part of your company – shouldn’t it reflect what you’re about, not what was fastest to put together?
2. You won’t outgrow a custom web design so quickly. One of the big challenges of working with templates is that they tend to be limited in their features. If you end up needing e-commerce features, for example, then you might not have those options available, meaning you’re faced with a tough choice of starting over or going without a tool that can grow your revenue. The end result is that most clients tend to outgrow template websites quickly, forcing them to make an even bigger investment before too long.
3. Your custom web design can be expandable. On the other hand, a custom website can often be expanded to add new pages, blogs, product groups, customer areas, and so much more. Because they accurately reflect your brand and place in the market, they give you a strong layout to work from. Plus, if your design and development team knows that you’ll be growing in the future, they can leave room in the code to expand when you need it.
4. A custom web design gives you more conversions and a higher ROI. Which would you prefer: a simple website that’s fast and cheap to put together, but doesn’t do a lot to boost your revenue, or one that costs a bit more and takes a bit longer, but helps your company take the next step and growth? For any successful business, the answer is obvious. So, even though there might be a bigger investment involved with a custom web design, the increase in sales – and improved return on investment – makes it worth it.
5. A custom web design is harder to imitate. If your business is successful over the Internet, and its website is built from a web template, then all your competitor has to do to copy it is buy the same template. With a custom design, however, you don’t just get a more effective site, but also one that others can’t duplicate easily or legally. That can be a bigger benefit than you might think, especially as you become more prominent in your industry.
Want to find out more about custom web design, and see how easy and affordable it is to get the business site you need? Call or e-mail us to set up a meeting with a member of our team today.